PROCEDURE FOR ACCOMMODATING OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
AT THE STUDENTS´DORMITORIES
The international student regardless of his / her country of origin or the transiting country from which they are travelling even from the so-called safe countries that are not in the red zone will be accommodated only when the following conditions are met:
- After entering the territory of the Slovak Republic before he/she arrives at the accommodation at Students’ Dormitories SÚZ UMB ŠD he / she has fulfilled the obligation of at least 5 days of self-isolation (quarantine) outside the dormitory. After he/she finishes the self-isolation, they will undergo the COVID-19 test and receive negative results. The test must be performed on the territory of the Slovak Republic and must not be older than 48 hours upon submission.
- At the arrival to the accommodation facilities of the Students‘ Dormitory, SÚZ UMB has no symptoms of a viral infectious disease
The above stated will be confirmed by the student at the arrival to the accommodation by the handwritten signature on the document „Declaration of Honour for the accommodation at the Dormitory – International student“ (Enclosure Nr. 2) and at the same time, they provide confirmation on the negative results of the COVID-19 test in the printed form or in the form of a scan.
Providing false information is subject to a financial penalty of EUR 5000 in accordance with the valid legislative measures.
After entering the territory of the Slovak Republic, the student will contact the Public Health Office placed in where he/she are staying for the obligatory 5-day self-isolation (quarantine). You can find the list of contacts here:
For more information on the pandemic situation and current measures:
Registration form after entering the territory of the Slovak Republic:
What does ESN recommend?
- The semester starts on the 28th of September. In a quarantine you will be for a minimum of 5 days, however, you can wait up to several days for your negative test results to come. That is why we recommend you to come to Slovakia and start your quarantine at least 14 days before school starts. If everything works out and you will get through everything sooner, you will have at least one week before the school starts to finally freely start to enjoy Banská Bystrica and your Erasmus.
- Please keep in mind that the restrictions can change every day. We understand that it can be frustrating but remember, once we get through everything and be sure that together we WILL the best time of your life-Erasmus- will start and believe us, it’s gonna be so worth it.
- In case of any doubt, contact your buddy who is always ready to help you and keep you updated!
- follow the instructions made by Rector of UMB that are showed below
UMB will provide to its International Students for the mandatory 5 days of self-isolation (quarantine) which will end with the COVID-19 test.
Quarantine place: Students' Dormitory of UMB ŠD 5, Ružová ulica č. 15, Banská Bystrica.
The accommodation is organised in groups of 5 persons in one common accommodation unit.
The accommodation at Students' Dormitory of UMB is a paid service. The accommodation fee in the amount of EUR 169 is paid by the International Student at the arrival to the Students Dormitory to start the quarantine regime. The accommodation fee includes:
- Accommodation in Students' Dormitory ŠD5,
- All-day diet,
- Cleaning services
- Disinfection of premises
- COVID-19 test,
- Transport from ŠD5 to the designated Students' Dormitory
- Security service.
You can start your 5 days of self-isolation (quarantine) in ŠD5 UMB in the following terms: 3 September 2020, 7 September 2020, 10 September 2020, 14 September 2020.
The International Student who decides to complete the quarantine and undergo a test for COVID-19 individually outside UMB will prove the negative test results for COVID-19 at the arrival for accommodation and at the enrolment for studies.
We recommend to use the UMB quarantine regime also for those UMB International Students who will not be accommodated in the Students' Dormitories of UMB in 2020/2021, but have secured another accommodation.
Should you be interested in using this service, please contact the International Cooperation Officer at your faculty:
- Faculty of Economics: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Faculty of Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Natural Sciences: email@example.com
- Faculty of Political Science and International Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Education: email@example.com
- Faculty of Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
More and closer information coming soon!
Stay Tuned, Stay Healthy!
Your ESN UMB BB Board